Blue Provident is committed to safeguarding the privacy of our website visitors. As we aim to be clear about the way our site works to collect user data, this policy sets out how we will treat and protect your personal information.
The data controller responsible in respect of the information processed on this website is Blue Provident Ltd.
It is important for you to understand and be able to exercise your ‘data rights’; in particular, your right to not to have personal data used for direct marketing purposes. Under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), you have the right to access, modify, and delete your data.
Withdrawal of consent including marketing opt-out
You may withdraw consent for data processing at any time, without affecting the lawfulness of processing based on consent before its withdrawal;
You may also instruct us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes. In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
Our contact details are above should you wish to exercise these important rights.
Access to your personal data
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you, in relation to information we store on your name, email address, profile information, and your payment history. Following a request, we require up to 30 working days to provide you with your information.
We may withhold such personal information to the extent permitted by law.
Retention of your data
Information relating to your financial transactions with us will be kept for the period required by relevant UK tax and revenue legislation.
Your personal profile and membership data for will be retained whilst you continue to be an active free or paid member, and for up to seven years following cessation of membership activity.
In all other cases, we will erase or anonymise your data once it is no longer necessary for the purpose we obtained it for.
Changing or erasing your data
You may instruct us to change any inaccurate data or to erase data that is no longer required for a specified purpose.
Complaints to a supervisory authority
You have a right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. In the UK, you should first make your complaint to the Information Commissioner. Their contact details are available on their website www.ico.gov.uk.
What information do we collect?
We collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- Information relating to any transactions carried out between you and us on or in relation to this website, including information relating to any purchases you make of our membership packages - we do not store any credit card or payment method information as part of payment processing during member subscription.
- Information that you provide to us for registering with us and for subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters (including name, email address and communication preferences), and
- Any other information that you choose to send to us.
How we use personal information
We may use your personal information to:
- Improve your browsing experience by using your data to profile you and personalise the website;
- Enable your use of the services available on the website;
- Send you goods purchased via the website, and supply you with services purchased via the website;
- Send statements and invoices to you, and collect payments from you;
- Send you general (non-marketing) commercial communications;
- Send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- Send you our newsletter and other marketing communications relating to our business which we think may be of interest to you by post or, where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
- Deal with enquiries and complaints made by or about you relating to the website;
- Provide third parties with anonymous statistical information about our users;
- Administer the website;
Where you submit personal information for publication on our website, we will publish and otherwise use that information in accordance with the license you grant to us.
This website transmits credit card information directly to PayPal.com. The credit card information is not communicated to our servers. All transactions are protected with SSL encryption. This website does not store credit card numbers after the transmission is complete.
Based on your actions on our website e.g. form completion, we will identify trading partners with whom we may share the personal data you have provided.
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
- To the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- In connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- To establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk);
- To the purchaser (or prospective purchaser) of any business or asset that we are (or are contemplating) selling; and
- To any person who we reasonably believe may apply to a court or other competent authority for disclosure of that personal information where, in our reasonable opinion, such court or authority would be reasonably likely to order disclosure of that personal information.
A cookie consists of a piece of text sent by a web server to your web browser, which is then stored by your browser. The information is then sent back to our web server each time your browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify individual web browsers. It does not contain personally identifiable information such as your name or other personal details – but may enable us to identify and profile your activities if you are logged in to our site.
Accessing our free content
When you can access our website, a cookie is placed on your computer by our website hosting software, which uses a session cookie. This temporary cookie is not used for tracking purposes, it's an essential, "strictly necessary" part of providing content to you through our website hosting software.
Accessing member content - cookies are used to remember you are logged-in so you can download documents
We use persistent cookies to enable our website to recognise you when you return to our site. These cookies are “essential” to use of our web service in recognising you and as such, are permitted by law.
We also use other web services provided by other companies to improve the experience for users of this website and to help us review how we improve our service for users and commercially.
How do I block cookies from these service?
Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies, whilst some browsers allow you to reject just third party cookies. Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites, including this one.
If you want to manage privacy we recommend you install Ghostery which gives you a chance to learn more about each service it identifies on a site and block their cookies or Scripts. It gives information on how they describe themselves, a link to their privacy policies.
Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.
International data transfers
Information which you provide may be transferred to countries, including the United States, which do not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the European Economic Area.
In addition, personal information that you submit for publication on the website will be published on the internet and may be available, via the internet, around the world. We cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others.
You expressly agree to such transfers of personal information.
Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
We will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password and firewall protected) servers. All electronic transactions you make to or receive from us will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You are responsible for keeping your password and user details confidential. We will not ask you for your password (except when you log in to the website).
Updating your information
You can update the information we hold on you by emailing us at email@example.com
Amendments to this policy